Open-type Single-stage Screw Compressor
SRM open-type single-stage Screw Compressors include 6 series totaling 19 models with a displacement of 265 – 10850 m3/h @ 2960 rpm. A large application window caters for a wide range of applications. Whereas all major refrigerants can be used, our compressors are optimized for the natural and environment-friendly refrigerants such as Ammonia R717 and Hydrocarbons like R290, R600 and R1150.
High rotor speeds of up to 6000 rpm for the smallest compressor allow the use of frequency inverters, step-less (10%- 100%) mechanical capacity control and adjustable Vi ensure high efficient operation at varying load and temperature profiles, thus guaranteeing high SEER values.
The robust design and high degrees of obliquity >30° to withstand the rolling and pounding sea allow the use in marine applications.
Features of SRM open-type single-stage screw compressor:
- “I”type patented profile, best lobe ratio of 5+7, high efficiency.
- Rotor is made of high- quality forged steel with micron- machining accuracy, high strength, high wear resistance, and long durability.
- The housing is made of high- strength ductile iron, design pressure: 2.8Mpa.
- Innovative shaft seal. The wear- resistant sealing surface is made of silicon carbide for high reliability.
- High- precision and wear- resistant roller bearings designed for a life span of 100.000 operating hours.
- The internal compression ratio Vi can be adjusted to the existing operating conditions either manually or automatically for highest efficiency, even under varying conditions.
- Stepless capacity control (10- 100%) by a mechanical slider.
- Integrated oil channels for secure lubrication of all critical spots within the compressor.
Pacific Legacy is a fishing vessel with a plate freezer on board. The refrigeration plant
needed an overhaul and the previous screw compressors which came off age needed
replacement. The main components like oil separation and cooling were verified and
found capable to match a higher refrigeration capacity which was desired.
The scheduled stop-over of the fishing vessel in Norway was utilised to disassemble the
former compressors and to replace them by 2 new SRM16L which were flown in on time to
keep the down-time low.
By perfect coordination between all suppliers and the contractor the overhauling was done
within two weeks and now the ship is in operation again to earn her owners a living catching
Cooling capacity Qo: 2 x 160 kW
Evaporation To: -38° C
Condensing Tc: +30° C
Installation: 03 / 2019