Open-type Double-stage Screw Compressor
SRM open-type double-stage Screw Compressors include 4 series totaling 7 models with a displacement of 544 – 10850 m3/h @ 5090 rpm. The application window caters especially for low temperature applications, which traditionally were executed as booster systems. If no side-load for the high stage of the booster is needed, these double-stage compressors offer very compact and efficient solutions.
Whereas all major refrigerants can be used, our compressors are optimized for the natural and environment-friendly refrigerants such as Ammonia R717 and Hydrocarbons like R290, R600 and R1150.
The use of frequency inverters, step-less (10%-100%) mechanical capacity control and adjustable Vi ensure high efficient operation at varying load and temperature profiles, thus guaranteeing high SEER values.
The robust design and high degrees of obliquity >30° to withstand the rolling and pounding sea allow the use in marine applications.
Features of SRM open-type double-stage screw compressor:
- “I”type patented profile, best lobe ratio of 5+7, high efficiency.
- Rotor is made of high- quality forged steel with micron- machining accuracy, high strength, high wear resistance, and long durability.
- The housing is made of high- strength ductile iron, design pressure: 2.8 Mpa.
- Innovative shaft seal. The wear- resistant sealing surface is made of silicon carbide for high reliability.
- High- precision and wear- resistant roller bearings designed for a life span of 100.000 operating hours.
- The internal compression ratio Vi can be adjusted to the existing operating conditions either manually or automatically for highest efficiency, even under varying conditions.
- Stepless capacity control (10- 100%) by a mechanical slider.
- Integrated oil channels for secure lubrication of all critical spots within the compressor.
Westfleisch is a leading integrated meat works company in Germany.
For their extension of the palette freezer line 3 dedicated compressor
packages were built in Germany by SRM Germany.
The packages are equipped with SRM2016LS two-stage compressors for
highest efficiency and smallest footprint.
The compressors are inverter speed controlled to match the load demand
closely and operate up to 4200 rpm. The oil cooling cycle is equipped with
heat reclaim to avoid any wastage of energy.
Contractor Zimmermann installed the system and optimized the operation
Cooling capacity Qo: 3 x 322 kW
Evaporation To: -42° C
Condensing Tc: +35° C
Installation: 03 / 2019