Semi-hermetic Single-stage Screw Compressor High Temp
SRS semi-hermetic single-stage Screw Compressors include 5 series totaling 9 models with a displacement of 84 – 450 m3/h @ 2960 rpm. The application window is optimized for a medium to high temperature applications like data centre cooling or comfort cooling. Whereas all major refrigerants can be used, our compressors are optimized for the natural and environment-friendly refrigerants such as Ammonia R717.
The semi-hermetic construction results in a permanent technical leak-proof solution without a shaft seal.
The use of frequency inverters, a permanent magnet synchronous motor and adjustable Vi ensure high efficient operation at varying load and temperature profiles, thus guaranteeing high SEER values.
- “I”type patented profile, best lobe ratio of 5+7, high efficiency.
- The aluminium windings of the PM motor are compatible with ammonia and need no extra protection which can get damaged or deteriorate over time.
- Rotor is made of high- quality forged steel with micron- machining accuracy, high strength, high wear resistance, and long durability.
- The housing is made of high- strength ductile iron, design pressure: 2.8 Mpa.
- High- precision and wear- resistant roller bearings designed for a life span of 80.000 operating hours.
- The internal compression ratio Vi can be adjusted to the existing operating conditions either manually or automatically for highest efficiency, even under varying conditions.
- Integrated oil channels for secure lubrication of all critical spots within the compressor.
- Suction and discharge ports can be swapped from left to right and turned 360° for easy mounting and connection in multiple compressor systems.
The world-wide first semi-hermetic Ammonia chiller/heatpump combination is successfully commissioned in Eindhoven, Netherlands by contractor van Hout and ECR Nederland during the mega-project of converting the defunct Philips Factory and Office Precinct into a live-able and sustainable office and residential complex.
The objective was to deliver heating and cooling with least impact to the environment by highly efficient machinery employing natural refrigerant Ammonia.
As Ammonia traditionally is used in industrial applications it was important to overcome the apprehension against this gas which is slightly flammable and poisonous, but highly efficient and without any negative influence to global warming or the ozone layer. This was achieved by using the innovative SRS semi-hermetic compressor of SRM which makes shaft-seals obsolete by its design.
Cooling capacity Qo: 400 kW
Evaporation To: +3,5° C
Condensing Tc: +42° C
Heating capacity QH: 426 kW
Evaporation To: -3,5° C
Condensing Tc: +42° C
Commissioning: 08 /2018